Youth Basketball Deadline Day
- Jeff Johnson
Director of Community Events
- (620) 663-6179
Hutch Rec is excited to now facilitate Hutchinson’s popular Third Thursday in Downtown Hutchinson, continuing the focus of art, music, and community. Each month will center around a focus, as we encourage businesses, groups, artists, and musicians to become involved as they see fit. Hutch Rec will oversee the communication and marketing of the event, as well as the specifics and layout of each month’s event.
OCTOBER LINE-UP: Downtown Fall Carnival
FEATURED AREA: George Pyle Park, corner of Avenue B & Walnut
5:30-8:30 p.m.: Join us in our featured area for a Fall Carnival provided by our community’s credit unions as they celebrate International Credit Union Day. The carnival, games, and food are provided by the following local credit unions:Heartland Credit UnionDillon Credit UnionCredit Union of AmericaMORTON CREDIT UNIONEnvista Credit UnionBell Credit UnionCatholics United Credit UnionHutchinson Government Employees Credit Union – HGECUPostal Employees Credit Union
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES: Stroll along Main Street from Avenue B to 2nd Avenue and enjoy LIVE music plus info from these groups:
- Dia De Los Muertos Celebration in Ave A Park
- Reno County Museum – Hutch Heroes firefighter exhibit open until 7p
- Bookends – activities in store
- Kindred Hospice House & Gale Wall Photography – petting zoo and photo backdrop (in front of Kindred, near 2nd & Main)
- Yellow Brick Rollers Jr Team & Central Ks Roller Derby Team
- Hutchinson Main Street Dental
- Hutchinson Public Library – activities at the library
- Gold Wing Riders Association
- Tim Brewer – selling homemade ice cream
- Hutchinson Breakfast Lions Club
- Steven Becker for State Congress
- Bride 2 Be – in-store specials & cookies
- Hutchinson Art Center – refreshments and art projects (4th & Washington)
- Crime Stoppers of Reno County
- Girl Scouts of the Kansas Heartland
- PFLAG of Hutchinson/Salt City Pride
- MOD Squad Reno County
- Texas T-Bone – selling hamburgers & chips
- Red’s Sweet Shop – selling baked goods
- Art by Derrick
- HCC Cosmetology – candy and discount cards
- Bright House
- Advance America
- DT Kiwanis Club – Chili/Soup Cook-off promos
- Heidi’s Kidney Fund fund-raiser
AND….Stop by the Hutchinson Art Center for refreshments and Halloween art projects for kids, along with the Hutchinson Public Library, who will have kid activities set up throughout the evening.
Third Thursday Monthly Focuses
NOVEMBER: Details coming soon!
Thursday, November 15th from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
DECEMBER: Details coming soon!
Hutch Rec is excited to facilitate the monthly Third Thursday event in Downtown Hutchinson. Please submit your activity/event/entertainment.