Professional Fastpitch Softball Game on 6/6
- Jeff Johnson
Director of Community Events
- (620) 663-6179
Hutch Rec is excited to now facilitate Hutchinson’s popular Third Thursday in Downtown Hutchinson, continuing the focus of art, music, and community. Each month will center around a focus, as we encourage businesses, groups, artists, and musicians to become involved as they see fit. Hutch Rec will oversee the communication and marketing of the event, as well as the specifics and layout of each month’s event.
Walnut Street: 1st Ave through Avenue B
Celebrate Bike Month and show off your bicycle with an all-ages Bike Parade, hosted by the Vitality Team of Reno County. Remember to wear your helmet. Feel free to decorate your bicycle and have FUN! Prizes will be awarded to the top winners.
5:30 p.m.: Meet at the parking lot of the Avenue B Fire Station to line up
6-6:15 p.m.: Parade starts with Ks Special Olympics Torch Run leading the way
Participants will start at George Pyle Park (on Walnut), head north to 1st Street and return back to the park for awards and more!
We encourage everyone to cycle down to Third Thursday! Take advantage of the FREE Bike Valet, sponsored by Harley’s Bicycles. Park your bike at the Ave B fire station parking lot and head north on Walnut to visit all of our Third Thursday booths and activities!
5:30-8:30 p.m.: Stroll along Walnut Street between 1st Ave to Avenue B, featuring:
- Harley’s Bicycles providing safety bike checks
- Hutch Rec fitness division providing demos
- Hutch Rec Foundation
- Reno County Museum Chalk Fest
- The Alley
- Bluebird Books – active activities in their store!
- Hutchinson Chapter of AMBUCS
- Heartland Credit Union treat trike
- New Pink Circus – hula hoops
- Judo Journey – hotdogs & hamburgers
- Hutchinson Zoo
- Reno County Sheriff/Ks Special Olympics
- Hutchinson Community Foundation
- Relay for Life of Reno County
- Jo Shelton, Shelter Insurance
- Park Place Christian Church – popcorn
- Hutchinson Kennel Club
- Peoples Bank & Trust
- PCG Vida Nueva
- Heal Reno County
- Vitality Team of Reno County
- Boy Scout Troop #329
- Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland
- Cheer & Tumbling All Stars
- MOD Squad
- National Alliance for Mental Illness
- United Way of Reno County
- Midway Motors
- Crafty Things by Rhonda
- Salt City Pride
LIVE MUSIC: Sean Story, Krista Lundemo, Melissa Sitts, Jeremy Stokely, Brent Van Ripper, Alex Garcia, and Brandon Garcia.
Hutch Rec is excited to facilitate the monthly Third Thursday event in Downtown Hutchinson. Please submit your activity/event/entertainment.