Municipal Band @ DNC
- Jeff Johnson
Director of Community Events
- (620) 663-6179
Hutch Rec is excited to now facilitate Hutchinson’s popular Third Thursday in Downtown Hutchinson, continuing the focus of art, music, and community. Each month will center around a focus, as we encourage businesses, groups, artists, and musicians to become involved as they see fit. Hutch Rec will oversee the communication and marketing of the event, as well as the specifics and layout of each month’s event.
JULY LINE-UP: Arts & Eats
Featured Area: 5th & Main
JULY THIRD THURSDAY:
Featured Area (surrounding 5th & Washington)
5:30-8:30 p.m.: Art Sale featuring local artists, hosted by Hutchinson Art Center
6-8 p.m.: Food Trucks, featuring local and regional vendors, including:
- The Traveling Bowl (Hutchinson)
- The Kamayan Truck (Wichita)
- Noble House Hawaiian Plate Lunch (Wichita)
- Hot-2-Trot Gourmet Hot Dogs (Wichita)
- Twisted Joes (Halstead)
- U Hungry Truck (Wichita
- Big Chill Ice Cream (Wichita)
5:30-8:30 p.m.: Stroll along Main Street between Avenue B and 5th Avenue
- Reno County Museum Ice Cream Social
- Dillon Nature Center
- Elmdale Senior Center Crochet Angels
- Midway Motors of Hutchinson – games
- New Pink Circus – family activities
- Communities that Care
- Snoko LLC – sno cones
- Rina’s Vintage Jewelry
- Michael Crowe – marble canes
- Becker for Representative
- Oxford Chapter 13 – Oxford House fundraiser
- Candace’s Summer of Scentsy
- Bluebird Books – art station inside store
- CTFO by Kell
- MOD Squad
- Girl Scouts of the Kansas Heartland
- Journey Mennonite Church kids praise team
- Park Place Christian Church popcorn booth
- Crafty Things by Ronda
- Amazing Grace Photography
- A Garden Party – kids summer crafts in store
- Alicia Mora bake sale
- PCG Vida Nueva concession stand
- Mary Kinast bake goods/crafts fundraiser
- LIVE music!
Third Thursday Monthly Focuses
AUGUST: Let’s Go to the Movies!
Thursday, August 16th from 5:30-8:30 p.m. with featured area of 1st Street in front of Hutch Rec & the Fox Theatre
Featuring: Short movies at the Fox Theatre; Hot Dog cookout with Wiley District; Pools Plus; Electrix; HCC vocal music group Badinage; lawn games; and more!
SEPTEMBER: Music Showcase in the Salt City
Thursday, September 20th from 5:30-8:30 p.m. featuring our local performing centers
Featuring: Concerts at the Flag Theatre, DCI Park, Fox Theatre, Stage 9; live music highlighting different genres; and more!
OCTOBER: Celebrating Fall
Thursday, October 18th from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 15th from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Hutch Rec is excited to facilitate the monthly Third Thursday event in Downtown Hutchinson. Please submit your activity/event/entertainment.