Apply Today for the Arts & Humanities Council
Date: Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 8 a.m.
Location: Oz Gallery Breezeway in the State Fairgrounds
Fee: $25 (14 and under are free – if you would like a shirt, cost is $10)
EVENT DAY DETAILS:
A special shout-out to this year’s sponsors: Peoples Bank & Trust; Jo McGuire Insurance; Express Employment Professionals; and Harley’s Bicycles. The Sand Plum Bicycle Classic is brought to you by Hutch Rec and the Vitality Team of Reno County. Proceeds from the ride benefit the Friends of the Trail Fund in Reno County.
- Packet Pick-Up/Registration: From 7-8 a.m. in the Oz Breezway on the Kansas State Fairgrounds on event morning (Sunday, May 5)
- Ride begins at 8 a.m. and includes the following distance options: 5-mile family ride; 13-mile; 25-mile; 50-mile
- Police will escort cyclists until everyone reaches 30th & Monroe
- Detailed maps will be posted on-site inside the Oz Breezeway on event morning.
- Three SAG stops will be available on the course and will include water, mixed fruit, and granola bars. Two of the SAG stops will include restroom facilities (SAG Stop #1 at River Banks Orchard Park, 43rd and Old K-61 Highway; and SAG Stop #2 at Buhler-Haven Road & 82nd Ave).
- Extra shirts are available for purchase for $10 each.
In case of inclement weather: Check out the RainOut app through Hutch Rec (instructions on downloading the app can be found at: https://www.hutchrec.com/cancellations/).
Cancellations will also be posted on the Hutch Rec Facebook page.