Spring Sports Registration Going on Now!
- Salty Dog: Saturday, Aug. 8 at 7 a.m.
Salty Pup: Saturday, Aug. 8 at 10 a.m.
- Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
Questions? Who To Contact:
Jeff Johnson, Director of Community Events email@example.com
Stay Updated About the Triathlons!
Sign up for our emails to be the first to know about the Salty Dog & Salty Pup Triathlons.
To reduce grouping during registration and check-in, we’re offering registration the day before at Hutch Rec Downtown, 17 E. 1st (see times and details under Schedule of Events). Participants are expected to wear masks at registration and check-in (both day before and day of), as well as in the bike staging area of the Salt City Splash parking lot.
Once triathlon participants have staged their bikes and enter the aquatic center for the warm-up swim time, they are not required to wear a mask. When the warm-up swim time is complete, participants are asked to line up and practice safe social distancing.
Event staff and volunteers who are directly assisting participants will have masks on.
Salty Pup: Additionally, for Salty Pup Triathlon participants and parents, everyone is required to wear masks during the pre-event meeting at 9:45 a.m. (by the bike staging area in the Salt City Splash parking lot). The same mask rules and social distancing guidelines from the Salty Dog Triathlon will be in effect for the Salty Pup as well.
When & Where
- Salty Dog Triathlon: Saturday, August 8th at 7 a.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
- Salty Pup Triathlon: Saturday, August 8th at 10 a.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
- Salty Dog Distances: 400-meter swim; 10.5-mile bike (5 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 3.1-mile run
- Salty Pup Distances: 100-meter swim; 4.2-mile bike (2 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 1-mile run
- Carey Park will be CLOSED during both races. This means NO access inside Carey Park from 5 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturday, August 8th. We encourage participants to park at the Public Works Building and along the streets near Centennial Fields on South Plum, right before you cross the railroad tracks and enter the park. This is the closest parking near race headquarters.
- Please note: All participants entering the park on Blanchard (off of the highway) will be re-directed on Severance Street. You will be asked to take Severance Street (north) and head to Avenue G, where you will take a left (west) and go to the Plum Street entrance.
- Please allow yourself plenty of time to park and walk your bike in the stall area, as well as check-in!
Weather Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- In case of inclement weather, the event may delayed up to two (2) hours from the original start time or canceled, depending on the severity of conditions. Safety of the participants is the top priority of Hutch Rec. Rain may cause unsafe conditions for some or all of the event, as does lightning. Due to the costs and organization of putting together an event of this magnitude, refunds will not be given. No make-up dates will be scheduled.
- Refund Policy: Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstance other than COVID-19; race registrations are not transferable to other participants, future years races or other Hutch Rec Race Series events. Our refund policy is very similar to several other race policies due to the nature and magnitude of the event. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- 2020 REFUND FOR COVID-19: In the event we are required to cancel due to COVID-19, a full refund will be issued.
Thursday, August 6:
Facebook LIVE participant meeting for Salty Dog & Salty Pup, 4:30 p.m.
Friday, August 7:
Packet pick-up from 4-6 p.m. at HR Downtown, 17 E. 1st
Please note – Carey Park will be CLOSED starting at 5 a.m. on Saturday for the Salty Dog and Pup and will remain closed until both of the events end (around 12 p.m.)
Saturday, August 8
5 a.m.: Carey Park will be CLOSED
5:30-6:30 a.m.: Salty Dog packet pick-up, check-in, and number marking at the Registration Tent (this year’s registration tent is located directly south of the railroad tracks as you enter the park from South Plum). PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE MARKED AND HAVE CORRESPONDING TIMING CHIP! ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE MARKED!
5:30-6:30 a.m.: Complimentary bike checks with Harley’s Bicycles inside the Splash parking lot gazebo
6:45 a.m. (as time allows): Swimming warm-ups inside Salt City Splash
7 a.m.: Salty Dog Triathlon starts!
SALTY DOG INDIVIDUAL AGE-GROUP AWARDS: Overall Male Finisher & Overall Female Finisher; 1st-3rd place Male and 1st-3rd place Female in various age categories.
SALTY DOG TEAM AWARDS: Overall 1st-3rd place teams
SALTY PUP HAS BEEN MOVED TO SATURDAY, AUG 8TH AT 10 A.M.
8:30-9:30 a.m.: Salty Pup packet pick-up, check-in, and number marking at the Registration Tent (this year’s registration tent is located directly south of the railroad tracks as you enter the park from South Plum). PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE MARKED AND HAVE CORRESPONDING TIMING CHIP!
9:30 a.m.: Brief parent/participant meeting with Salty Pup coordinators
9:45 a.m.: Participants line up inside the Splash
10 a.m.: Salty Pup Triathlon begins! PARENTS: We will have various spectator locations for you to watch and cheer on your child on the swim, bike, run, and finish portions of the course. Please respect the volunteers and coordinators and DO NOT block the transition areas! This includes the main bike transition area. We ask that children are responsible for putting on their own shoes, drying off, etc, and coordinators will be there to assist as needed. Parents are not allowed to bike or run on the course with their children. This can result in disqualification!
SALTY PUP AGE-GROUP AWARDS: Overall Male Finisher & Overall Female Finisher; 1st-3rd place Male and 1st-3rd place Female in various age categories.