Registration Open for Fall Youth Sports
- Salty Dog: Saturday, Aug. 8 at 7 a.m.
Salty Pup: Saturday, Aug. 8 at 10 a.m.
- Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
Questions? Who To Contact:
Jeff Johnson, Director of Community Events email@example.com
Stay Updated About the Triathlons!
Sign up for our emails to be the first to know about the Salty Dog & Salty Pup Triathlons.
When & Where
- Salty Dog Triathlon: Saturday, August 8th at 7 a.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
- Salty Pup Triathlon: Saturday, August 8th at 10 a.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
- Salty Dog Distances: 400-meter swim; 10.5-mile bike (5 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 3.1-mile run
- Salty Pup Distances: 100-meter swim; 4.2-mile bike (2 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 1-mile run
- Carey Park will be CLOSED during both races. This means NO access inside Carey Park from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on Friday, August 9th and again from 5-10 a.m. on Saturday, August 10th. We encourage participants to park at the Public Works Building and along the streets near Centennial Fields on South Plum, right before you cross the railroad tracks and enter the park. This is the closest parking near race headquarters.
- Please note: All participants entering the park on Blanchard (off of the highway) will be re-directed on Severance Street. You will be asked to take Severance Street (north) and head to Avenue G, where you will take a left (west) and go to the Plum Street entrance.
- Please allow yourself plenty of time to park and walk your bike in the stall area, as well as check-in!
Weather Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- In case of inclement weather, the event may delayed up to two (2) hours from the original start time or canceled, depending on the severity of conditions. Safety of the participants is the top priority of Hutch Rec. Rain may cause unsafe conditions for some or all of the event, as does lightning. Due to the costs and organization of putting together an event of this magnitude, refunds will not be given. No make-up dates will be scheduled.
- Refund Policy: Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstance other than COVID-19; race registrations are not transferable to other participants, future years races or other Hutch Rec Race Series events. Our refund policy is very similar to several other race policies due to the nature and magnitude of the event. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- 2020 REFUND FOR COVID-19: In the event we are required to cancel due to COVID-19, a full refund will be issued.
Packet pick-up schedule includes:
Thursday, August 6: 5-7 p.m. at Hutch Rec Downtown, 17 E. 1st
Friday, August 7: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at HR Downtown, 17 E. 1st
(Packets will also be available for Pups during event check-in from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the Salt City Splash parking lot near the gazebo)
Saturday, August 8: 5:30-6:30 a.m. at Homebuilder’s Shelter Building in Carey Park (note: this is for Salty Dog Triathlon participants ONLY!)
There will be NO Friday night participant meeting – we’ll cover our usual Q & A’s with a Facebook Live on Thursday, August 8 on the Hutch Rec Race Series Facebook page
Please note – Carey Park will be CLOSED starting at 5 a.m. on Saturday for the Salty Dog and will remain closed until both of the event end.
SALTY PUP HAS BEEN MOVED TO SATURDAY, AUG 8TH AT 10 A.M.
5 a.m.: Carey Park will be CLOSED to outside traffic
9-10 a.m.: Pup packet pick-up; number marking; and time chips near the Salty Pup transition area in the Salt City Splash parking lot – by the parking lot gazebo (Salty Pup coordinators will be on-hand to mark and hand out timing chips); complimentary bike checks at the Splash parking lot gazebo, thanks to Harley’s Bicycles
9:30 a.m.: Brief participant meeting with Salty Pup coordinators
9:45 a.m.: Participants line up inside the Splash
10 a.m.: Salty Pup Triathlon begins! PARENTS: We will have various spectator locations for you to watch and cheer on your child on the swim, bike, run, and finish portions of the course. Please respect the volunteers and coordinators and DO NOT block the transition areas! This includes the main bike transition area. We ask that children are responsible for putting on their own shoes, drying off, etc, and coordinators will be there to assist as needed. Parents are not allowed to bike or run on the course with their children. This can result in disqualification!
After race: Awards ceremony near the finish line
All finisher’s receive a medal at the finish line!
SALTY PUP AGE-GROUP AWARDS: Overall Male Finisher & Overall Female Finisher; 1st-3rd place Male and 1st-3rd place Female in various age categories.
SALTY DOG EVENT MORNING SCHEDULE: Saturday, August 8
5 a.m.: Carey Park will be CLOSED
5:15-6:30 a.m.: Salty Dog packet pick-up at Homebuilder’s Shelter Building; number marking and receiving the timing chip – PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE MARKED AND HAVE CORRESPONDING TIMING CHIP! ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE MARKED!
5:30-6:30 a.m.: Complimentary bike checks with Harley’s Bicycles inside the Splash parking lot gazebo
6:30 p.m.: Brief meeting with participants, outside Salt City Splash entrance
6:45 a.m. (as time allows): Swimming warm-ups inside Salt City Splash
7 a.m.: Salty Dog Triathlon starts!
After race (around 9 a.m.): Awards ceremony near the finish line area
All finisher’s receive a medal at the finish line!
SALTY DOG INDIVIDUAL AGE-GROUP AWARDS: Overall Male Finisher & Overall Female Finisher; 1st-3rd place Male and 1st-3rd place Female in various age categories.
SALTY DOG TEAM AWARDS: Overall 1st-3rd place teams