Sign Up Now for Hutch Rec Race Series
- Salty Pup: Friday, Aug. 9 at 7 p.m.
Salty Dog: Saturday, Aug. 10 at 7 a.m.
- Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
Questions? Who To Contact:
Jeff Johnson, Director of Community Events email@example.com
Stay Updated About the Triathlons!
Sign up for our emails to be the first to know about the Salty Dog & Salty Pup Triathlons.
When & Where
- Salty Pup Triathlon: Friday, August 9th at 7 p.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
- Salty Dog Triathlon: Saturday, August 10th at 7 a.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
- Salty Dog Distances: 400-meter swim; 10.5-mile bike (5 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 3.1-mile run
- Salty Pup Distances: 100-meter swim; 4.2-mile bike (2 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 1-mile run
- Carey Park will be CLOSED during both races. This means NO access inside Carey Park from 5-8:30 p.m. on Friday, August 9th and again from 5-10 a.m. on Saturday, August 10th. We encourage participants to park at the Public Works Building and along the streets near Centennial Fields on South Plum, right before you cross the railroad tracks and enter the park. This is the closest parking near race headquarters.
- Please note: All participants entering the park on Blanchard (off of the highway) will be re-directed on Severance Street. You will be asked to take Severance Street (north) and head to Avenue G, where you will take a left (west) and go to the Plum Street entrance.
- Please allow yourself plenty of time to park and walk your bike in the stall area, as well as check-in!
Weather Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- In case of inclement weather, the event may delayed up to two (2) hours from the original start time or canceled, depending on the severity of conditions. Safety of the participants is the top priority of Hutch Rec. Rain may cause unsafe conditions for some or all of the event, as does lightning. Due to the costs and organization of putting together an event of this magnitude, refunds will not be given. No make-up dates will be scheduled.
Packet pick-up schedule includes:
Thursday, August 8: 5-7 p.m. at Hutch Rec Downtown, 17 E. 1st
Friday, August 9: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. at HR Downtown, 17 E. 1st
(Packets will also be available for Pups during event check-in from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Homebuilder’s Shelter building)
Saturday, August 10: 5:30-6:30 a.m. at Homebuilder’s Shelter Building in Carey Park (note: this is for Salty Dog Triathlon participants ONLY!)
There will be NO Friday night participant meeting – we’ll cover our usual Q & A’s with a Facebook Live on Thursday, August 7 on the Hutch Rec Race Series Facebook page
Please note – Carey Park will be CLOSED on Friday night starting at 6 p.m. due to the Salty Pup Triathlon going on and will remain closed until the event ends (around 8:30 p.m.). The park will also be CLOSED starting at 5 a.m. on Saturday for the Salty Dog and will remain closed until the event ends (around 10 a.m.).
SALTY PUP EVENT NIGHT SCHEDULE: Friday, August 9
5 p.m.: Carey Park will be CLOSED to outside traffic
5:30-6:30 p.m.: Pup packet pick-up at Homebuilder’s Shelter Building; number marking and time chips near the Salty Pup transition area in the Salt City Splash parking lot (Salty Pup coordinators will be on-hand to mark and hand out timing chips); complimentary bike checks at the Splash parking lot gazebo, thanks to Harley’s Bicycles
6:30 p.m.: Brief participant meeting with Salty Pup coordinators
6:45 p.m.: Participants line up inside the Splash
7 p.m.: Salty Pup Triathlon begins! PARENTS: We will have various spectator locations for you to watch and cheer on your child on the swim, bike, run, and finish portions of the course. Please respect the volunteers and coordinators and DO NOT block the transition areas! This includes the main bike transition area. We ask that children are responsible for putting on their own shoes, drying off, etc, and coordinators will be there to assist as needed. Parents are not allowed to bike or run on the course with their children. This can result in disqualification!
After race (around 8:15 p.m.): Awards ceremony on the lawn of the Homebuilder’s Shelter building
All finisher’s receive a medal at the finish line!
SALTY PUP AGE-GROUP AWARDS: Overall Male Finisher & Overall Female Finisher; 1st-3rd place Male and 1st-3rd place Female in the following age categories – 9 & Under; 10-12 yrs old; 13-15 yrs old
SALTY DOG EVENT MORNING SCHEDULE: Saturday, August 10
5 a.m.: Carey Park will be CLOSED
5:15-6:30 a.m.: Salty Dog packet pick-up at Homebuilder’s Shelter Building; number marking and receiving the timing chip – PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE MARKED AND HAVE CORRESPONDING TIMING CHIP! ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE MARKED!
5:30-6:30 a.m.: Complimentary bike checks with Harley’s Bicycles inside the Splash parking lot gazebo
6:30 p.m.: Brief meeting with participants, outside Salt City Splash entrance
6:45 a.m. (as time allows): Swimming warm-ups inside Salt City Splash
7 a.m.: Salty Dog Triathlon starts!
After race (around 9 a.m.): Awards ceremony on the Homebuilder’s Shelter Building lawn area and special 20th anniversary celebration!
All finisher’s receive a medal at the finish line!
SALTY DOG INDIVIDUAL AGE-GROUP AWARDS: Overall Male Finisher & Overall Female Finisher; 1st-3rd place Male and 1st-3rd place Female in the following age categories – 19 & Under; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60 & Older
SALTY DOG TEAM AWARDS: 1st-3rd places for 75 & Under; 76-125; 126 & Over