Celebrate Smallville With Us on June 21
- Salty Pup: Friday, Aug. 10 at 7 p.m.
Salty Dog: Saturday, Aug. 11 at 7 a.m.
- Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
Questions? Who To Contact:
Jeff Johnson, Director of Community Events email@example.com
NEW in 2018 – we’re giving the youths their own time to shine! Our Salty Pup Triathlon will take place in the evening of Friday, Aug. 10, while the Salty Dog Triathlon will take place the following morning, Saturday, Aug. 11. This allows more youth competitors to enter the Salty Pup Triathlon, as well as ensures the safety of all participants.
REGISTER ONLINE by clicking on the below hyperlinks:
REGISTER IN-PERSON: At Hutch Rec Downtown, 17 E. 1st
Stay Updated About 2017 Info!
Sign up for our emails to be the first to know about the Salty Dog & Salty Pup Triathlons.
When & Where
- Salty Pup Triathlon: Friday, August 10th at 7 p.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center (Registration will open in March 2018)
- Salty Dog Triathlon: Saturday, August 11th at 7 a.m. at Salt City Splash Aquatic Center (Registration will open in March 2018)
- Salty Dog Distances: 400-meter swim; 10.5-mile bike (5 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 3.1-mile run
- Salty Pup Distances: 100-meter swim; 4.2-mile bike (2 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 1-mile run
- Carey Park will be CLOSED during both races. We encourage participants to park at the Public Works Building and along the streets near Centennial Fields on South Plum, right before you cross the railroad tracks and enter the park. This is the closest parking near race headquarters.
- Please note: All participants entering the park on Blanchard (off of the highway) will be re-directed on Severance Street. You will be asked to take Severance Street (north) and head to Avenue G, where you will take a left (west) and go to the Plum Street entrance.
- Please allow yourself plenty of time to park and walk your bike in the stall area, as well as check-in on race morning!
Weather Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- In case of inclement weather, the event may delayed up to two (2) hours from the original start time or canceled, depending on the severity of conditions. Safety of the participants is the top priority of Hutch Rec. Rain may cause unsafe conditions for some or all of the event, as does lightning. Due to the costs and organization of putting together an event of this magnitude, refunds will not be given. No make-up dates will be scheduled.