Splish! Splash! Summer!
- Saturday, October 5 at 7:30 a.m.
- 3rd & Main Street, Hutchinson
Who To Contact
Jeff Johnson, Director of Community Events
Phone: (620) 663-6179
Stay Updated About Our Event Info!
Join our email list to be the first to know about this year’s Salt City Half Marathon.
2019 Weekend Information
Schedule of Events, Pace Team Leaders, Finish Line & More!
STAY UP TO DATE ON RACE DAY WEATHER UPDATES:
Download the RainOut line on your mobile device – details here: https://www.hutchrec.com/cancellations/
Under Hutch Rec, view Salt City Half Marathon. Turn ON notifications to receive updates on race weekend race morning! We will also update participants using the Salt City Half Marathon Facebook page.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & PACKET PICK-UP:
Friday, October 4:
12-6 p.m.: Packet pick-up and race registration at Harley’s Bicycles, 629 N. Main
Saturday, October 5:
6-7:30 a.m.: Packet pick-up and race day registration at DCI Park, 2nd & Main
7 a.m.: Walkers start – note: If you plan to average faster than a 13:45 min/mile pace, we ask that you start at 7:30 a.m. This early start is designed for those runners and walkers planning to finish in 3:00 or longer!
7:30 a.m.: Salt City Marathon STARTS at DCI Park, 2nd & Main
Around 10:15 a.m.: Awards Ceremony at DCI Park, 2nd & Main
PACE TEAM LEADERS:
Interested in being a pace team leader? Contact Jeff Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
COURSE INFO & PARKING:
Click on the COURSE INFO tab for a course map, spectator locations, water stations/bathrooms, and parking areas.
FINISH LINE & AWARDS:
Once finishers cross that line, it’s time to party and celebrate finishing 13.1 miles! There will be juice, chocolate milk, fruit bars, fruit, and donuts from Daylight Donuts (we finish right in front of their shop!) at the finish line. Our DJ will be blasting tunes so you can relax and enjoy yourself before the awards ceremony, which will take place around 10:15 a.m. Plus – make sure you stop by the Step and Repeat banner and snap a selfie or group photo showing off your finisher’s medal! And…while you’re downtown, enjoy the Downtown Rod Run going on that morning!
We award the overall male and overall female finisher, as well as top three finishers for both male and female in the following age categories: 19 & Under; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65 & older
EVENT CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY:
Due to a special event of this magnitude, there are no refunds. If the event is canceled due to weather or unforeseeable circumstances, the event will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued. We appreciate your cooperation and respect for our refund policy.
Map, Spectator Info, Parking
WATER STATIONS: Note – bathrooms are available at the water stations marked with an (*)
Mile 2: Near Hobart-Detter Field parking lot*
Mile 4: 5th Street Gazebo along the Jim Martinez Trail
Mile 6: Rice Park Shelter Building*
Mile 8: Countryside & Curtis*
Mile 10: Herman Bunte Park*
Mile 12: Hyde Park
- Salt City Splash in Carey Park: Use the Plum Street entrance into Carey Park and cheer on participants early on in the race as they pass by Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
- Rice Park along Swarens Street:
- Neighborhood park at the intersection of Countryside & Curtis
- Browns Shoe Fit on 30th: Park in the lot and cheer on participants as they run by!
- Herman Bunte Park: Just across the street from Browns Shoe Fit is Herman Bunte Park, a great park for kids to play while they’re waiting for mom or dad to run by
- Hyde Park
- Finish Line: 3rd & Main, just outside Daylight Donuts. Enjoy a fresh, homemade donut while you watch finishers cross that line! Enter the parking lot of the donut shop off of 3rd & Washington Street.
PARKING NEAR START/FINISH LINE:
- DCI parking lot – this will fill fast, so arrive early if you want prime parking locations!
- Parking lot behind Carls Bar (near Washington & 1st Ave)
- Parking areas along 1st & 2nd Avenues – both east and west of Main Street
- Parking lot behind Hutch Rec Downtown (17 E. 1st) – parking lot is located near Sherman & Walnut