Summer Activity Guide now online!
Hutch Rec and the City of Hutchinson work together to provide cohesive parks and recreation services. Together, along with the support from Heal Reno County, we are undertaking a planning effort to better understand resident usage and needs for the park and recreation system.
Project Updates & Timeline
- Monday, February 25 at 6 p.m.: Findings & Visioning Public Meeting with GreenPlay (Taylors’ Shady Lane Cabin at Dillon Nature Center)
- Tuesday, February 26 from 8-9:30 a.m.: Hutch Rec Board of Commissioners & Hutchinson City Council joint meeting with GreenPlay to discuss findings and visioning (City Council chambers)
- Tuesday, April 23 from 8-9:30 a.m.: Master Plan Draft Findings with GreenPlay – Joint Meeting with Hutch Rec Board of Commissions & Hutchinson City Council (City Council chambers)
- Tuesday, April 23 at 6 p.m.: Draft Findings Public Meeting (Location TBD)
- Tuesday, May 21: Final approval of Parks & Recreation Master Plan with GreenPlay during Hutchinson City Council meeting
This project is to create the City of Hutchinson and Hutch Rec’s combined Healthy Communities and Parks & Recreation Master Plan, integrated with the enhancements from GP RED’s Surveillance and Management Toolkit. This will be a full master plan focused on research and health outcomes to address positioning parks and recreation in Hutchinson as partners for prioritizing and addressing preventative public health factors.
A nationally known parks and recreation management consulting firm, GreenPlay LLC, was hired to oversee this process. This parks and recreation master plan is funded through the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas Pathways to a Healthy Kansas grant.
Findings & Analysis
Missed the public meeting on Feb. 25? View GreenPlay’s findings presentation by clicking here.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HUTCH REC
Hutchinson Recreation Commission strives to provide affordable, quality recreational programs to Hutchinson and area residents.Play Video