Salt City Splash season passes on sale now!
Hutch Rec and the City of Hutchinson work together to provide cohesive parks and recreation services. Together, along with the support from Heal Reno County, we are undertaking a planning effort to better understand resident usage and needs for the park and recreation system.
Funding for this project was made possible by the Pathways to a Healthy Kansas initiative from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS). BCBSKS is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Project Updates & Timeline
- Monday, February 25 at 6 p.m.: Findings & Visioning Public Meeting with GreenPlay (Taylors’ Shady Lane Cabin at Dillon Nature Center)
- Tuesday, February 26 from 8-9:30 a.m.: Hutch Rec Board of Commissioners & Hutchinson City Council joint meeting with GreenPlay to discuss findings and visioning (City Council chambers)
- Tuesday, April 23 from 9-10:30 a.m.: Master Plan Draft Findings with GreenPlay – Joint Meeting with Hutch Rec Board of Commissions & Hutchinson City Council (City Council chambers)
- Tuesday, April 23 at 6 p.m.: Draft Findings Public Meeting (Location: Shears Technology Center on the HCC Campus, 1300 N. Plum)
- Tuesday, May 21: Final approval of Parks & Recreation Master Plan with GreenPlay during Hutchinson City Council meeting
This project is to create the City of Hutchinson and Hutch Rec’s combined Healthy Communities and Parks & Recreation Master Plan, integrated with the enhancements from GP RED’s Surveillance and Management Toolkit. This will be a full master plan focused on research and health outcomes to address positioning parks and recreation in Hutchinson as partners for prioritizing and addressing preventative public health factors.
A nationally known parks and recreation management consulting firm, GreenPlay LLC, was hired to oversee this process. Funding for this project was made possible by the Pathways to a Healthy Kansas initiative from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS). BCBSKS is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Findings & Analysis
LEARN MORE ABOUT HUTCH REC
Hutchinson Recreation Commission strives to provide affordable, quality recreational programs to Hutchinson and area residents.Play Video