Muddy Hutch 5K Obstacle Course Race
- (620) 662-7705
(620) 663-6179 - Off-season
- 1601 South Plum in Carey Park
Hutchinson, KS 67501 Get Directions
CLOSED for the 2019 Summer Season
Who To Contact:
Ted Nelson, Superintendent of Aquatics & Wellness
Phone: (620) 663-6179
CLOSED for the 2019 Summer Season. See you in 2020!
Salt City Splash is Hutchinson’s exclusive water park! Beyond public swimming, the facility also offers water fitness classes, special events, recreational swim team, and swim lessons for both youth and adults. Salt City Splash is also available for birthday parties and may be rented out to larger groups for private parties.
All Facility Details
Splash into summer at Hutchinson’s water park, Salt City Splash Aquatic Center! The Splash features a 50-meter Olympic-sized swimming pool that includes a drop slide, low and high diving boards, lap lanes for fitness swimming, basketball goals, and large floating toys. Families of all ages enjoy the zero-depth entry splash pool that includes plenty of splashing opportunities with a large play structure, small slides, and floating toys. Adults and older youth can wind their way down our large slides and softly land into a catch pool, while babies and toddlers can splash away in the tiny tot area exclusively for children 7 and younger.
Hours & Fees
Pool Hours & Fees
CLOSED for the 2019 Summer Season. See you in 2020!
Pool Hours & Fees
- Children 2 & Under (with paying adult) – FREE
- Children 3-7 yrs old (with paying adult) – $2
- Youth 8-17 yrs old – $4
- Adults 18 & Older – $5.25
- Seniors 62 & Older – $4
- Children 3-7 yrs old – $30
- Youth 8-17 yrs old – $60
- Adults 18 & Older – $70
- Seniors 62 & Older – $60
PURCHASE SEASON PASSES (membership) ONLINE AT THIS LINK: https://apm.activecommunities.com/hutchrec/Membership
Lap Swimming Punch Card – $60 for 15 visits
Lap swimming (25 yds.) is available on Monday through Friday from 12-1:30 p.m. and 5-6:30 p.m.; Saturdays & Sundays from 5-6:30 p.m.
2020 Summer Season:
- Opens May 23, 2020
B-Day & Rentals
Facility Rental Info
Facility Rental Info
Salt City Splash is the Perfect Location to Have Your Summer Birthday Party
Salt City Splash’s birthday gazebo is available for rent for only $25 during two available time periods during the pool day: 12:30-2:30pm or 3:00-5:00pm.
The Splash also can be rented out for large private parties, businesses, churches, and other groups before or after pool hours.
Contact Ted Nelson, superintendent of aquatics, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Key Facility Rules:
Salt City Splash staff want to make sure your visit is enjoyable and safe. The following are a brief list of key facility rules. Please see a complete list located inside our facility outside of the restrooms.
- All patrons entering the facility must wear a swimsuit. Athletic shorts and other street clothes are not allowed to swim in.
- Swim suits with metal or hard plastic pieces – including grommets – are not allowed on the water slides.
- All children 7 years old and younger must be accompanied by a paying patron (16 years or older) at all times.
- Daycare centers or other groups bringing a large number of younger children must provide one adult for every five children who are 7 and younger.
- Concessions available. Outside food and drink are not allowed inside the facility.
- Anyone who enters the facility must pay admission rates – this applies to those who do not plan on entering the water and are spectators.
- Cash/credit refunds will not be given for any reason. Rain passes may be given if the facility closes due to weather before 3:30 p.m. If the facility closes after 3:30 p.m. due to weather, rain passes will not be given.
Stay up to date with current and upcoming events and activities through Hutch Rec. Sign up to receive our emails.
What features and amenities are at the Splash?
Salt City Splash Aquatic Center features four bodies of water.
- Tiny Tot Pool: The first is a tiny tot pool that has zero-depth entry and extends to nine inches deep in the center. This pool is for children 7 years old and younger and their parents. The pool includes a slide shaped as a crab and playful sprays and fountains. Attached is a small playground area on land.
- Shallow/Splash Pool: The second body of water is a shallow water play pool that has zero-depth entry and extends to three-and-a-half feet at its deepest point. It includes two floating toy/play features. It also has a slide shaped like an octopus. This pool features an interactive attraction with sprays and fountains that patrons can control with accessible valves.
- Catch Pool/Slides: The third pool is a catch pool that is three-and-a-half feet deep. Patrons land in this body of water when going down one of the two large slides. The pool features two slides – a blue, 141-foot open flume slide and a yellow, 89-foot enclosed tube slide.
- 50-Meter Pool: The largest body of water is a 50-meter pool. This pool includes two basketball goals, a red drop slide, two diving boards (1-meter and 3-meter), and two large floating toys. It also features two lap lanes exclusively for adults who want to exercise and swim laps.
How do I get to Salt City Splash?
Salt City Splash Aquatic Center is located at 1601 South Plum, inside beautiful Carey Park in Hutchinson.
Directions: (if you are in Hutchinson)
1. Follow either Main Street or Plum Street south into Carey Park. If you follow Main Street, you will run into Carey Park. Once you’re in Carey Park, simply follow the road to Emerson Loop until you see the colorful awnings and shade structures of the aquatic center.
2. If you follow Plum Street, you will go directly into Carey Park. Look to your right, and you’ll see the aquatic center’s colorful awnings and shade structures.
(Out of town visitors coming from the north)
1. Follow K-61 south through the main portion of town to Blanchard Avenue. This is a small access road just before US-50 Highway.
2. Turn right on Blanchard and follow it west – it winds and curves at first, and then heads due west. As you enter Carey Park, you’ll see ball fields, the zoo, the golf course clubhouse, and then the colorful awnings and shade structures of the aquatic center.
(Out of town visitors coming from the Wichita area)
1. Follow K-96 west to the Yoder Road exit. Follow Yoder Road north for about six miles.
2. At the intersection of Yoder Road and US-50 (a stop light), turn left and go west. Follow US-50 west for about two miles to the intersection of US-50 and K-61 (a stop light).
3. Take the right hand turn lane and go north on K-61 for only a few hundred feet. Turn on the very first available left – an access road called Blanchard. This road takes you into Carey Park. As you enter Carey Park, you’ll see ball fields, the zoo, the golf course clubhouse, and then the colorful awnings and shade structures of the aquatic center.
What is the phone number at Salt City Splash?
In the summer, you may call the Splash at (620) 662-7705. In the off-season, please call (620) 663-6179 for inquiries.
What are the hours that Salt City Splash is open?
The Splash is open daily from 12:30-6:30 p.m. The Splash opens on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and is open daily through the first day of school for the Hutchinson USD 308 school district.
What is the admission price for Salt City Splash?
Daily admission prices include:
- Children 2 years old and younger: FREE (must be accompanied by paying adult)
- Children 3-7 years old: $2 (must be accompanied by paying adult who is at least 16 years old or older)
- Children 8-17 years old: $4
- Adults 18 and older: $5.25
- Seniors (62 & Older): $4
Do you offer season passes?
SEASON PASS RATES:
- Children 3-7 yrs old: $30 (must have paying adult with them at all times)
- Youth 8-17 yrs old: $60
- Adults 18 and older: $70
- Seniors (62 and older): $60
Are family season passes available?
Our season passes are value-priced for families to purchase individual passes for each member of the family as needed.
Our season passes are a great savings for those planning to visit Salt City Splash 15 or more times in the 80+ day season. Season pass prices are:
Children 3-7 yrs. old $30
Youth 8-17 yrs. old $60
Adults 18-61 yrs. old $70
Seniors 62+ yrs. old $60
At what age can children enter the facility unaccompanied by an adult?
Children 8-years-old and older may enter the facility and swim unaccompanied by an adult. All children 7-years-old and under must be directly supervised at ALL times by an adult (16-years-old or older). When the child is in the water, a supervising adult MUST be in the water with them – preferably within an arms-reach. Please stay close to your child. You are the first, most important layer of protection. Drowning is silent and can take only seconds.
What's the minimum age that a patron must be to supervise a child 7 & under?
We require a responsible adult to accompany any child who is 7-years-old or under. This supervising adult must be at least 16-years-old or older.
Are there certified lifeguards on duty?
Yes. We schedule 15 lifeguards each day who are placed strategically around the facility for you and your family’s safety. Each lifeguard is certified by the American Red Cross and has more than 30 hours of training in patron surveillance, water rescue techniques, and CPR for the professional rescuer. Our award-winning staff prides itself in preventing emergencies. They also attend mandatory weekly in-service training to professionally respond in an emergency situation.
What types of swimsuits are not allowed on the slides?
Swimsuits with hard metal or plastic ornamentation are not allowed on the slides. This includes swimsuits with rivets, zippers, buttons, and grommets.
Can food and drinks be brought into the facility?
No, outside food and drink is not allowed inside the facility. Please leave all coolers and ice chests in your vehicle. We do offer a full concessions menu for your hunger and refreshment needs inside the facility.
Do you provide lockers for personal belongings?
Yes, however the lockers do not have locks on them. You are welcome to bring your own lock or you can purchase one from our admissions office. (Remember, these are your locks to keep – you are not renting them).
We strongly suggest that you do not bring high-dollar valuables such as jewelry, electronics, or other items that are important to you. Even with deterrents, theft still occurs. Please leave your valuables in your vehicle or at home.
Do you have any shade for protection from the sun?
Yes, we have numerous shade structures throughout the facility – look for the bright, colorful awnings!
Do the hours of the aquatic center change in August?
Yes. Once school begins in Hutchinson USD #308, the operational days of aquatic center are limited. Checking the website for an updated calendar schedule in August.
Have a question? Feel free to contact us through the contact form below. Thank you!