Salt City Splash season passes on sale now!
- Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017
- Salt City Splash Aquatic Center
Questions? Who To Contact:
Adam Richter, Director of Community Events email@example.com
Join us for our 16th annual Salty Dog & 11th annual Salty Pup Triathlons, a family-favorite event in Hutchinson! RACE LOCAL! All proceeds benefit Hutch Rec’s youth scholarship fund.
Registration opens March 1st, 2017!
Dogs: Click here to register!
Pups: Click here to register!
Stay Updated About 2017 Info!
Sign up for our emails to be the first to know about the 2017 Salty Dog & Salty Pup Triathlons.
When & Where
- Saturday, August 12th 2017 in Salt City Splash Aquatic Center (Registration for our 2017 event will open on March 1st.)
- Download Course Map
- Salty Dog Distances: 400-meter swim; 10.5-mile bike (5 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 3.1-mile run
- Salty Pup Distances: 100-meter swim; 4.2-mile bike (2 loops around Carey Park Golf Course); 1-mile run
- Carey Park will be CLOSED on race morning. We encourage participants to park at the Public Works Building and along the streets near Centennial Fields on South Plum, right before you cross the railroad tracks and enter the park. This is the closest parking near race headquarters.
- Please note: All participants entering the park on Blanchard (off of the highway) will be re-directed on Severance Street. You will be asked to take Severance Street (north) and head to Avenue G, where you will take a left (west) and go to the Plum Street entrance.
- Please allow yourself plenty of time to park and walk your bike in the stall area, as well as check-in on race morning!
Weather Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- In case of inclement weather, the event may delayed up to two (2) hours from the original start time or canceled, depending on the severity of conditions. Safety of the participants is the top priority of Hutch Rec. Rain may cause unsafe conditions for some or all of the event, as does lightning. Due to the costs and organization of putting together an event of this magnitude, refunds will not be given. No make-up dates will be scheduled.
Friday, Aug. 11th, 2017
- 5:00-7:00pm: Packet Pick-up at Homebuilder’s Shelter building in Carey Park
- 6:30pm: Participant Meeting/Q & A at Homebuilder’s Shelter
Saturday, Aug. 12th, 2017
- 5:30-6:30am: Bike Checks compliments of Harley’s Bicycles (Salt City Splash gazebo)
- 5:30-6:30am: Packet pick-up and Check-In (required!) at Homebuilder’s Shelter building
- 6:30am: Brief participant meeting outside Salt City Splash
- 6:45am: As time allows, participants will be allowed to warm-up in the pool
- 7:00am: Triathlon begins (Salty Dog swimmers start first; Salty Pup next)
- 9:00am (approximately): Awards Ceremony at Homebuilder’s Shelter lawn