Spring Break Camp is March 27-31
- Main: (620) 663-2811
Wellness: (620) 663-6170
- 400 E. Ave. E
Hutchinson, KS 67501 Get Directions
Monday through Friday: 6:00am-6:00pm*
*Wellness Room has extended hours on Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Who To Contact:
Toyla Frondorf, Superintendent of Senior Recreation
Phone: (620) 663-2811
For adults ages 60 and older, our Senior Center has it all – a Wellness Center and fitness programs exclusively for older adults, pickle ball courts, ongoing social activities and classes, homemade lunches each week and the opportunity for group day trips and longer travel expeditions.
To view upcoming events, please use the button below. You will be taken to ActiveNet to browse and sign up for events or activities.
All Facility Details
All Facility Details
For adults ages 60 and older, our Senior Center has it all – a Wellness Center and fitness programs exclusively for older adults, pickle ball courts, ongoing social activities and classes, homemade lunches each week, and the opportunity for group day trips and longer travel expeditions. The Center also provides transportation to area assisted living locations through an in-house program called Happy Haulers, partially funded by United Way of Reno County.
- Elmdale Park: The area surrounding the Senior Center includes outdoor green space with picnic tables and outdoor pickle ball courts.
- Gymnasium: Elmdale’s gymnasium includes indoor pickle ball courts, basketball goals, and is the location of various fitness classes and indoor walking.
- Wellness Center: Housed inside the Senior Center, Elmdale Wellness Center is exclusively for seniors and includes both cardio and weight equipment such as treadmills, stationary bicycles, elliptical machines, weight machines, and free weight equipment. Locker room and shower facilities available.
Membership Info & Rates
Prices & Details
Membership & Hours
Senior Membership, $20/year for adults ages 60 and older, with benefits including:
- Complimentary subscription to Hutch Rec’s Senior Connection quarterly newsletter
- Free registration for programs and classes held at the Senior Center
- Member discounts on programs and classes with registration fees (exceptions apply)
- Access to computer lab equipped with free Wi-Fi Internet access
- Member discounts on group travel fees
- Free monthly blood pressure screenings
- Notary services available
- Fax and copy services available
- Use of library, featuring hundreds of books and films
- A 4-meal punch card – a $14 value! (additional meals may be purchased)
- This annual membership is open to adults 60 and older and includes all of the Senior Membership benefits, plus annual membership to the Wellness Center. Fee – $192 with monthly payment options available.
- This annual membership is for individuals ages 50-59 years old and includes membership only to the Wellness Center. Cost is $252/year with monthly payment options available.
- Information coming soon!
- Monday through Friday: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.*
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday: 1-5 p.m.
* Wellness Room has extended hours on Monday through Thursday, open 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Meeting Room Inside Visitor’s Center:
Hutch Rec’s Senior Center at Elmdale Park may be rented for smaller events, family reunions, birthday parties, and meetings.
For rental rates and guidelines, please contact Toyla Frondorf by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (620) 663-2811.
Lunch & Activity Calendar
Lunch & Activity Monthly Schedule
Ongoing Senior Activities:
- POOL/BILLIARDS: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- CARDS: Monday/Wednesday/Friday starting at 1 p.m.
- CHAIR EXERCISES: Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30-10 a.m.
- MONDAY LUNCHEON: Mondays at noon; Potluck-style lunch
- Lunch is served at noon on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays unless otherwise noted. Cost is $3.50/person.
Menu subject to change without notice. To-Go options also available – please notify staff if you would like a to-go meal.
Wednesday, May 3 from 9-11:30 a.m. Free screenings, learn about wellness center and demos from staff, q/a; $3.50 baked potato lunch to follow. FREE admission!
What is for lunch this month at the Senior Center?
Homemade delicious lunches are served each Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning at 12 p.m. Cost is $3.50 per person. Lunch menus are posted monthly at the Senior Center, and in the monthly newsletter, available online or at the Center.
What is the Senior Center's dance and ongoing activity schedule?
Each Monday night beginning at 7:30 p.m. there is a free dance to pre-recorded music. Thursday night dances also begin at 7:30 and feature a live band each week. Cost is $5 per person. For a list of bands, stop by for a calendar or check out the Senior Center monthly newsletter on this page.
Sign Up for Our Email List
Stay up to date with current and upcoming events and activities through Hutch Rec. Sign up to receive our emails.